Spring Break season is here! But before you jet off you have to pack. You may be like me and think its one of the best parts of going on vacation. For me, it makes me excited for the weekend or week ahead. But if you’re unlike me and you wait until the last minute and think it’s a hustle then keep reading as I have compiled some pro tips to make your Spring Break packing a breeze.
- Invest in a good suitcase: Leave the duffle bag at home and invest in a durable rolling suitcase. This will make navigating luggage through the airport, to the hotel easier and less strenuous to your should. Personally, I like the smaller size, which fits in the overhead compartment and eliminates wait time at the baggage claim. Check out some brands here.
- Make a packing list: I love lists and I especially love packing lists. I suggest creating a packing list a week in advance, this will give you the opportunity to see what you have and what you need to go buy. Also, it serves as a great reminder tool. (Don’t forget the passport or toothbrush!)
- Try packing neutral colors: Picking items with neutral colors allows you to mix and match outfits while packing less! Instead of one outfit you now got two or three. Pro tip: brings different scarfs, chunks jewelry, different shoes to spice up each outfit.
- Lay things out/try things on: This is a great packing tool to see what you have, if you like it or if you will actually wear it on vacation. Put on some music and have fun playing dress up!
- Roll don’t fold: This is a mistake many people make, including myself. However, I quickly learned at a young age from a dad, who travels a lot for work that if you roll your clothes instead of folding them you will eliminate wrinkles and increase room in your suitcase. Give it a try!
- Don’t pack the important things: Be sure to have an airplane bag or purse to keep the important things including passport, phone charger, earphones, gum, cash, travel pillow.
Happy Spring Break!